- Registered non-profit society
- Partners with the Blackfalds RCMP
- Coordinated and operated by community volunteers
- Oversight by Community Advisory Council and the Red Deer County Police Advisory Committee
- Supported by Red Deer and Lacombe Counties
- Member of the Alberta Restorative Justice Association
Rural Red Deer communities value, support and utilize Restorative Justice processes as a first response to non-violent harms.
- To provide those who have been harmed an opportunity to share the impact of the harm with the person who has harmed them and to identify actions that would repair that harm.
- To provide young offenders from rural Red Deer communities with an opportunity to avoid entering the criminal justice system by accepting responsibility for their actions and repairing the harm caused to all others by those actions.
- Focus on the harm not the rules broken
- Restore trust through empowerment and responding to needs
- Provide opportunities for open dialogue in a safe space
- Encourage collaboration and reintegration not coercion and isolation.
- To provide a safe, timely, accessible, acceptable, appropriate and effective community-based response to crime as an alternate justice program.
- To provide high-quality service to all participants in a restorative process – person(s) harmed, wrongdoers and members of the wider community.
- To support satisfaction in results achieved with person(s) harmed, wrongdoers, referral agents and community
- To increase level of empathy between person(s) harmed and wrongdoers.
- To increase level of accountability with wrongdoers.